Monday, October 23, 2006



TX: Burglar suspect shot to death: "A man suspected of burglarizing Toyota of Lewisville, at 1547 S. I-35E in Lewisville, was found shot to death in the parking lot of the business shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday. Police said a preliminary investigation indicates the person had been shot by an employee of the dealership when discovered inside burglarizing the business."


Children, guns go together with proper lessons: "The mental image of my 2-year-old niece hefting a gun in her cute little hands almost brings a smile to my face. No, not because she's a crack shot and I taught her everything she knows. She's not, and I didn't -- yet. That scenario makes me happy in a way because of the rest of the picture: Her parents with her, carefully showing her proper use of and respect for a gun. I wasn't there, so I don't know how accurate that image might be -- maybe she never even touched the guns -- but I'm glad my sisters and brothers-in-law recently took their kids out to learn gun safety and do some harmless target shooting under close supervision."

No comments: