Friday, October 10, 2008



Florida Man Shot Entering Home Mistaken as His Own: "A 24-year-old Orlando man was shot twice after accidentally entering a neighbor's home, thinking it was his own. The Orange County Sheriff's Office said James Conway was in stable condition Thursday. Deputies were called to a suspected burglary and found Conway moaning on the floor, saying he'd been shot in his own town house. Investigators said 61-year-old Berty DeGuzman admitted firing at Conway. He said he thought he was being robbed. Conway was alert, but allegedly told investigators he had been drinking. Deputies did not immediately recommend charges against either man. In Florida, it is legal to use deadly force if a person feels they are being threatened by an intruder or attacker."


Illinois man shoots, kills intruder: "An intruder was shot and killed while breaking into a home in the far southwest suburbs. It happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday night in Crest Hill on Pioneer Road. A 68-year-old man was in his apartment watching television when the intruder broke the bedroom window. Police say he picked up a .38 revolver and fatally shot the intruder, identified as 34-year-old Demtrious Grove. It is unclear whether any charges will be filed against the resident."


Texas homeowner fights off armed invader: "Mark says he was in his living room when a man armed with a nine millimeter gun walked through his front door with a demand. "The door comes open, I see a silver plated gun and a guy behind it with a blue bandanna on...so I was just in shock," Dickey told us Tuesday. "He says, 'Where do you keep your money?' And I said well, we don't keep any money in the house and he says well where's your wallet...at that point I thought if I turned here and gave him my wallet he's going to shoot me for sure. He'd already told me he would." Mark told the robber his wallet was in the bedroom. That's when he decided to act. "I bought myself a little time and walked into my bedroom and came back and I got close enough to him in my front room where I could grab him," said Mark. "I grabbed his gun hand and we started tussling and we came this way towards my kitchen...we came this way and he was hitting me and I was hitting him and I pushed him into my wife's mirror right there." Mark says thanks to his second degree black belt in karate, he was able to get a hold on the gun. During the struggle, Mark's 14 year old son was hiding in a closet. Mark yelled for his help, hoping it would scare off the intruder. "I called for my son to get my gun and I think that he knew that somebody else was in here so he left," said Mark. Deputies are looking for a black male believed to be in his late teens to early twenties."


Kentucky Woman Shoots, Kills Ex-Boyfriend, Claims Self-Defense: "A Hardin County woman shot and killed her ex-boyfriend Monday, but no charges have been filed because the shooter is claiming self-defense. Kentucky State Police say there's still the possibility an arrest will come. "She called and reported that this shooting had occurred and she was protecting herself, and we went down there," said Kentucky State Trooper Steve Pavey. Pavey said it happened at a home where Angie Ricketts, the alleged shooter, lives with her husband and children. Pavey said Ricketts called police right after she pulled the trigger, killing her ex-boyfriend, 37-year-old Eric West. "He showed up unwanted yesterday and that he allegedly assaulted her and that's what led to all this," Pavey said. West, of Magnolia, Ky., was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives said Ricketts claims this isn't the first time her ex has caused problems. "She is telling investigators that he is the father of a couple of her children and that he has made threats towards her and her family in the past," Pavey said."

No comments: